Individual Yoga Therapy
Integrated Rehabilitation and Yoga Therapy with Personalized One-On-One Instruction
- I take time in a one-on-one setting to understand each client’s current needs and goals and then design a program just for them.
- Everyone receives a HEP- Home Exercise Program.
The One-On-One Study Process
- The Student fills out an intake form detailing their health history ” and current situation, complaints, goals, etc.”
- The Yoga therapist talks with the individual regarding that history, as well as asking questions about their living situation, current lifestyle, diet, activities.
- The Yoga therapist asks the student to do simple movements so that she can observe what is happening with the student on the physical level. During this process we will often talk with the student about aggravating and relieving factors involved in their problem.
- The Yoga Therapist will instruct each student individually so that she can develop a relationship with each of their students, and the personal element or relationship aspect of our approach is important. Once the teacher understands the individual’s issue(s) and circumstances, she will develop a home Yoga program that emphasizes three things: conscious breathing, physical movements, and individualized purposeful sequencing of those movements in coordination with the breath.
- Each course is carefully constructed to stay well within the physical limits of that person.
- Then the Yoga therapist instructs this personalized program to the student, revising it according to the student’s response. Students will receive written practices using traditional stick figures for visual reference.
The initial consultation typically lasts 60-75 minutes, but follow up sessions are usually shorter, approximately 60-45 minutes in length.
Private Session Fees – Single Private Session — $90.00
4 session package $320.00 — $80.00 Per Session
8 session package $560.00 — $70.00 Per Session
*Session packages expire 12 months from purchase date. PACKAGES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AFTER PURCHASE, BUT ARE TRANSFERABLE.
Private sessions are currently available at my oceanview home in Capitola or at your location..
Call Kym at 831-254-6100 to schedule your appointment!
I am a certified Viniyoga therapist. Viniyoga is evolved from the teachings of T.Krishnamacharya and T.K.V. Desikachar. Viniyoga is a traditional form of hatha yoga often used for yoga therapy that focuses on applying adaptations for individuals.
What is yoga therapy?
Yoga therapy is yoga for healing. Yoga therapy can work with all levels of your being by integrating the ancient practices of yoga to help effect your unique condition, whether it is physical, emotional, stress related, energetic or spiritual. Practices are individualized, including but not limited to the use of yoga postures to bring balance to the structure, pranayama (breathing exercises), meditation and visualization practices may be appropriate for your unique goals or condition.
Yoga therapy practices are written out for home practice with traditional stick figure drawings.
Who might get yoga therapy?
Yoga therapy can help individuals heal injuries and manage a chronic illness. In addition, yoga therapy can help athletes achieve their training goals and prevent injuries. Techniques for stress response management can help a person to lose weight and or lower blood pressure. The possibilities truly are endless…